What: Novant Health will participate in the biannual National Drug Take Back Day Saturday, April 27. Community members are encouraged to drop off unused or expired prescription medications at one of the participating Novant Health Pharmacy or medical center locations.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, only 17 percent of misused medications come from a provider-written prescription. This means that the remaining 83 percent of people who misuse medication receive the prescription from a friend or relative, drug dealer or other source. It is unlawful for controlled substance prescriptions to be transferred to any person other than the patient for whom it was prescribed and doing so may cause others harm.
When: Saturday, April 27, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: The following Novant Health locations:
255 Charlois Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27103
3333 Silas Creek Parkway, Winston-Salem, NC 27103 (retail pharmacy in lobby)
911 West Henderson Street, Suite L20, Salisbury, NC 28144 (retail pharmacy in lobby)
200 Hawthorne Lane, Charlotte, NC 28204 (retail pharmacy in lobby)
240 Hospital Drive, NE, Bolivia, NC 28422
For those who can’t participate in the National Drug Take Back Day, Novant Health also offers collection receptacles year-round at the following locations:
Novant Health Pharmacy – Forsyth Medical Center – 3333 Silas Creek Pkwy, Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Novant Health Phamacy – Presbyterian Medical Center – 200 Hawthorne Lane, Charlotte, NC 28204
Novant Health Pharmacy – Winston-Salem Health Care – 250 Charlois Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Novant Health Pharmacy – Mountainview Medical – 216 Moore Rd, King, NC 27021
Novant Health Pharmacy – Thomasville Medical Center – 207 Old Lexington Rd, Thomasville, NC 27360
Novant Health Pharmacy – Rowan Medical Center – 612 Mocksville Ave, Salisbury, NC 28144
About Novant Health
Novant Health is an integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient facilities and hospitals that delivers a seamless and convenient healthcare experience to communities in Virginia, North and South Carolina, and Georgia. The Novant Health network consists of more than 1,600 physicians and over 28,000 employees that provide care at over 640 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics. In 2019, Forbes ranked the organization first in North Carolina and 38th nationally on its 2019 Best Employers for Diversity list. Novant Health provided more than $883 million in community benefit, including financial assistance and services, in 2018.